One of our favorite things to make each Christmas is puppy chow, white trash, whatever you want to call it. Peanuts, m&ms, and pretzels covered in white chocolate goodness. What’s not to love? So, I decided why to try a Halloween version? I loved how this Halloween Bark turned out and it’s pretty tasty too.
We used candy corn, pretzels, Oreos, sprinkles, and candy eyes, but you can use anything you like. After I made it I thought peanuts would have been perfect mixed in also because I love to snack on candy corn and peanuts. Next time I make it I may add peanuts.
This treat is the perfect combo of sweet and salty and the best part of all is that it only takes about 15 minutes to make from start to finish!
Begin by placing oreos in a Ziploc bag and crushing them a bit with a rolling pin. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Mix together Oreos, candy corn, and pretzels on the cookie sheet.
Melt the white chocolate and pour evenly over the top of the oreo mixture. My secret to melting the white chocolate? I bring about a cup of water to boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium. Place chocolate in a glass bowl that fits the saucepan and allow the chocolate to melt completely, stirring occasionally. This prevents scorching and melts it perfectly every time.
Add sprinkles, candy eyes and additional candy corn. Voila! I love all the colors!
- 12 orange and black oreos
- 1 Cup pretzels broken into pieces
- 16 oz. almond bark
- 1 1/2 Cups candy corn divided
- candy eyeballs
- sprinkles in a variety of Halloween colors
- Place Oreos in a ziploc bag and break into pieces with a rolling pin.
- Melt almond bark according to package directions. (I melt mine by bringing 1 cup water to a boil in saucepan. Place almond bark in a glass bowl and place in sauce pan.) Melt until smooth.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread broken Oreos, pretzels and 1 Cup candy corn on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over Oreo mixture, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle remaining candy corn, eyeballs, and sprinkles over almond bark while it is still wet.
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator and allow it to cool. Break into pieces and store in air tight container.