Are you looking for a beer brat recipe that you can enjoy all fall and winter long? I don’t know who LB is, but LB’s Crockpot Beer Brats taste like they just came off the grill!
This recipe came from Gooseberry Patch’s cookbook, Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites.
We love brats in our house, but we like them year round and I don’t really care to stand outside in the cooler temps and grill, so I discovered this recipe and knew I wanted to try it!
LB’s Crockpot Beer Brats
Slice or chop an onion, and toss the brats in a skillet with some oil, and garlic cloves. (You can add some peppers too, which is what we like to do.) Heat them until they are browned on each side then pierce them each with a fork and cook for a couple more minutes.
Add everything to a crockpot. I used my 6qt. crockpot. Pour a can or bottle of beer over everything, cover and let it all cook on low for- hours. Serve on buns and top with onion from crockpot.
These are so easy and so good! A little taste of summer in the fall or winter. These are perfect for tailgating also!
LB's Beer Brats...a Crockpot Recipe
- 6-8 brats
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped or sliced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 12 ounce can regular or non-alcoholic beer
- 6 to 8 sausage buns split
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook brats, onion, and garlic in oil until brats are browned on all sides.
- Pierce brats with a fork and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Spoon brat mixture into a slow cooker; pour beer over all.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4 to 5 hours, until brats are no longer pink in the center.
- Serve brats on buns, topped with onion from slow cooker.