The temperatures are dropping and that can only mean one thing, harvest is almost here:)!!! Oh wait, and football season!!! This recipe for Crockpot Cornbread Chex-Mix is perfect for your next tailgate of football party.
I love the traditional Chex-Mix and so when I ran across this recipe I immediately knew I wanted to try it! Plus, the main ingredient is corn? Which, being corn farmers, is perfect for us!
Crockpot Cornbread Chex-Mix
First, in a 6 quart slow cooker, add the butter, sugar, and light corn syrup. Cover and cook on low until melted. Keep an eye on it during this step. It took about 15-20 minutes for the butter to melt completely in my crockpot.
Once the sugar mixture is melted, add the corn cereal and pecans and stir well to coat. Next, add in the corn nuts and cornbread mixture and stir to combine.
Place some paper towel over the top of the crockpot to help absorb any excess moisture, add the lid and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
Remove to a cookie sheet and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
This Crockpot Cornbread Chex-Mix is the perfect mixture of sweet and salty! I hope your family and guests enjoy it as much as we did! Happy football watching!!!
Crockpot Cornbread Chex-mix
- 8 Cupscorn chex cereal
- 2 Cupspecan halves
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup light corn syrup
- 1 7 ounce pouch cornbread and muffin mix
- 1 4 ounce bag corn nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a 6 quart slow cooker melt the butter, sugar, and corn syrup together on low heat. (about 15-20 minutes)
- Once the sugar mixture is melted, add the corn cereal and pecans and stir until well coated. Add in the cornbread mix and corn nuts and mix to combine.
- Place some paper towel over the top of the slow cooker to absorb any moisture. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Remove to a cookie sheet to cool.
[…] Crockpot Cornbread Chex-Mix […]