Affiliate links were used in this post for products I love.
How are things going for you? How’s your garden doing? If it’s still giving you zucchini, then you have to try this recipe for Zucchini Brownies!
Things are getting busy in our neck of the woods. Sports are a go so far. Fingers crossed everyone stays in school and sports continue. Our oldest had her first high school volleyball game last week and I think the parents needed to watch their kids play, just as much as their kids needed to play. Precautions are in place, so I hope things continue!
These Zucchini Brownies are actually more cake-like than brownies, but I still prefer to call them zucchini brownies.
You will need:
1 Cup butter, softened
1 1/2 Cups sugar
1/2 Cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Cups shredded zucchini (I leave the skin on)
For the icing:
2/3 Cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan.
Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and beat until just combined. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.
Pour into the greased 9×13 pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
To make the frosting, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Spread over brownies and cool completely before serving.
Just look at that layer of icing!! If you like more icing, you can always double the icing recipe!
Since these brownies have zucchini in them, that makes them healthy, right?!:)
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1½ Cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ Cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ Cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups shredded zucchini (I leave the skin on)
- ⅔ Cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/ 2 Cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Combine butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating just until blended.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into the 9x13 pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a tootpick comes out clean.
- Combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Spread evenly over warm cake. Cool completely before serving.