Affiliate links were used in this post for products I love.
Things are starting to get busy again, so if you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal that will please everyone in your family, look no further. This Walking Taco Casserole recipe is the ticket!
We enjoyed a fun camping vacation last week to Turkey Run State Park with friends.
It was HOT and there was a lot of hiking…VERY rugged hiking! But it was fun and the sights were gorgeous.
We also went tubing one day, but I don’t have any pictures uploaded yet from that day. It was nice to have the chance to cool off aside from the air conditioner in the camper:) The pools in the state parks in Indiana are closed, so the rivers are becoming a popular spot!
We came home to a garden full of goodies and our oldest has started volleyball workouts, with safety precautions in place, of course. She was so excited to get started as she hasn’t played a sport since school ended suddenly on March 13th. I’m hoping everything plays out well and school starts on time. As much as I love my kids being home, ending the year with virtual learning was OK, but I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of beginning the year with virtual learning, especially with one starting high school. However, I understand that health and safety of everyone comes first, so it is what it is and we will adjust. We’re getting pretty good at adjusting!
Since our evenings are starting to get busy, this Walking Taco Casserole is a normal rotation in our menu plan. Chili Cheese Fritos are Mel’s favorites, so if I buy them at the store in anticipation of making this meal, I have to hide them, so she doesn’t find them, or make sure to buy two bags!
We also LOVE tacos in our house, so anything taco related is a hit.
Walking Taco Casserole
You will need:
1 9.25 ounce bag Chili Cheese Fritos (or regular Fritos if chili cheese isn’t your cup of tea)
2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
5 Tablespoons my homemade taco seasoning, or two packets taco seasoning
2 Cups Fiesta Blend Shredded Cheese
Grease a 9×13 casserole pan and pour the bag of Fritos in the bottom. I love my Pyrex casserole dish and use it nearly every time I make casseroles.
Brown the ground beef and drain, stir in the taco seasoning and a bit of water according to package directions. Pour this mixture over the Fritos and top with cheese.
For my recipe for Homemade Taco Seasoning click here:
Walking Taco Casserole
- 1 9.25 ounce bag Chili Cheese Fritos or regular if you don't like Chili Cheese
- 2 pounds ground beef browned and drained
- 5 Tablespoons of<a href="https://www.farmwifecrafts.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/#:~:text=Homemade%20Taco%20Seasoning.%201%206%20Tablespoons%20chili%20powder. pepper%20%28more%20if%20you%20like%20it%20spicier%29%20">my homemade taco seasoning or 2 packets taco seasoning
- 2 Cups Fiesta Blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 casserole pan.
- Pour the whole bag of Fritos in the bottom of the pan.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water according to package directions.
- Pour ground beef mixture over Fritos.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite toppings.