Are you looking for a Valentine’s Day treat that your loved ones won’t be able to resist? This Valentine’s Puppy Chow is exactly what you need in your life. It’s so easy to make and the perfect mixture of sweetness to make your mouth water! It’s so good in fact, you may want to make it more often than just Valentine’s Day.
This Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow is a lot like the Christmas puppy chow, but it has just a hint of red velvet which makes it perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow
Place the Rice Chex cereal in a large bowl.
Next, place the cake mix and powdered sugar into a large container with a lid.
Melt chocolates together on the stove top. If you don’t have a double broiler, add some water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Place a glass bowl that fits into the top of the sauce pan and add the chocolates. Reduce the heat a bit and allow it to melt, stirring occasionally.
Pour chocolate over Rice Chex cereal and stir until coated. Dump cereal into the tupperware with powdered sugar, cake mix mixture and shake until coated.
Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet and allow to cool. Sprinkle some other colorful hearts and sprinkles into the Rice Chex mixture and stir gently then serve.
I like to serve it in a heart shaped bowl. Just make sure you store it in an airtight container. This recipe can also be easily doubled if you wish!
Valentine's Day Puppy Chow
- Pour the Rice Chex into a large bowl.
- Combine the cake mix and powdered sugar into a large bowl with a lid.
- Melt chocolates together on the stove. (I prefer the double broiler method- put a small amount of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and place a glass bowl on top of the sacepan and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.)
- Pour chocolate over Rice Chex and stir until coated well.
- Place chocolate coated cereal in the large bowl with cake mixture and shake until coated.
- Pour mixture onto cookie sheet to cool. Then stir in Valentine's candies or sprinkles if desired.
For more great recipes visit: