Looking for a light and, almost refreshing summer dessert? This Strawberry Poke Cake may be exactly what you are looking for.
It seems like the dog days of summer are here. Our crops are all in the ground. Yay! So, now we are praying for rain, which it seems those prayers have been answered because it is raining as I type this!!! Double yay! If you would have told me in April and May I would be asking for rain, I probably would’ve told you you were crazy, but Mother Nature definitely likes to keep us on our toes. We have been busy making hay while the sun shines.
Our county fair is next week, so we’ve also been knee deep in 4H projects including washing, clipping (giving them a haircut), and walking our pigs and dairy heifers.
Strawberry Poke Cake
Now, back to this yummy Strawberry Poke Cake. This cake is the perfect summertime dessert packed full of summertime flavor!
Prepare a strawberry cake mix according to the directions on the box.
Let the cake cool, then poke holes in the top with a wooden spoon. Puree the strawberries and pour over the holes.
Next, mix together the vanilla pudding and milk, then fold in the whipped topping and spread evenly over the top.
Garnish with some more strawberries, if you wish, to make this gorgeous dessert even prettier.
- 1 package strawberry cake mix
- 3 Cups strawberries, plus more for garnishing
- 1 (3.4) ounce package vanilla instant pudding
- 1 Cup milk
- 8 ounce container cool whip
- strawberries for garnishing
- Prepare the cake according to package directions; let cool.
- Poke holes in the cooled cake about one inch apart using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Puree strawberries and drizzle them evenly over the top of the cake.
- Combine vanilla pudding and one cup milk. Allow the mixture to thicken slightly.
- Fold in Cool Whip. Spread evenly over cake.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries, optional.
- Keep refrigerated.