Affiliate links were used in this post for products I love.
This recipe was shared over at Weekend Potluck by The Country Cook and Meal Plan Monday by Southern Bite.
Ahh! It’s starting to feel like Fall and that means all things PUMPKIN! These Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are the perfect Fall dessert!
I like to describe certain foods with very strong adjectives (we’ve been working on adjectives and descriptive speech with our youngest daughter.) So, if food can be beautiful, then these pumpkin pie bars with cream cheese frosting are beautiful and marvelous.
These bars combine all the perfect flavors of fall…pumpkin and cinnamon and they will have your taste buds screaming for more!
I can’t forget to mention the best part…the ICING!!! Seriously, I could eat a whole bowl of cream cheese icing. I don’t care what the dessert is, but if it involves cream cheese icing I am in and you better make a double batch because I may not share!!!!
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Icing
This is a relatively easy recipe to whip up, you just have to plan a little ahead so you can make sure to soften the cream cheese and butter at room temp. It’s also great for entertaining because you make it in a jelly roll pan, so it makes more than the average 9×13 dessert. This would be great to make for Thanksgiving!
You will need:
2 Cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 2/3 Cup granulated sugar
1 Cup vegetable oil
1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
For the icing:
8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
12 Tablespoons butter softened at room temp
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 Tablespoons milk
6 cups powdered sugar, unsifted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until fluffy. Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda) into pumpkin mixture until fully combined.
Spread batter in a 17×12 inch greased jelly roll pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
Allow to cool completely.
Combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and cream in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed. Add powdered sugar gradually, beating well after each addition until frosting is smooth. Add a touch more milk if icing is too thick. It should be thick, but spreadable.
Spread icing over cooled bars.
These bars will be devoured in no time!! I think I’m going to whip up a batch of these beautiful things tonight!
Just look at that cream cheese icing! Yumm-O! I hope your family and friends love these Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting as much as mine! Happy Fall baking!!
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin not filling
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened at room temp
- 12 Tablespoons butter softened at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk more if needed
- 6 cups powdered sugar unsifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until fluffy. Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda) to pumpkin mixture until fully combined.
- Spread batter in a greased 17x12 jelly roll pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and milk on medium speed. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well after each addition until frosting is smooth. Add a bit more milk if icing is too thick. Icing should be thick, but spreadable.
- Spread icing over cooled bars.
Leave a Reply