This recipe for Girls’ Night Buffalo Chicken Dip from Gooseberry Patch’s cookbook, Christmas at Grandmas is sure to spice up any party!
Even though the recipe is title “Girls’ Night,” guys can eat this recipe too and they will love it! I promise! I took it to a party and the guys devoured it. The girls hardly had any. I guess next time I will have to double the recipe.
The original recipe in the cookbook says to bake it in the oven, but I decided to cook it in my casserole crockpot and it worked out great! Since this appetizer needs to be served warm, I wanted to be able to keep it warm throughout the night, so I set the crockpot to warm when I arrived and it stayed perfectly toasty all night.
Girls’ Night Buffalo Chicken Dip
Combine the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Then stir in the hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chicken, and mozzarella cheese. Spread into a greased crockpot and cook on low for about 4-5 hours. I served this with Fritos scoops, but you can use any cracker or bread you wish.
Just look at that cheesy goodness! This recipe does have a bit of kick to it, so if spicy isn’t your thing you can reduce the amount of hot sauce or omit it all together.
Girls' Night Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Cup hot pepper sauce
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 8 ounce cans chicken breast drained and flaked
- 8 ounce package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fritos scoops
- Using a stand mixer, whisk together cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth and creamy. Stir in hot sauce, seasonings, chicken, and mozzarella cheese. Spread lightly in a greasedcrockpot.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve warm with Fritos scoops, or other crackers of your choice.
Gooseberry Patch did provide me with a cookbook, but all opinions and photos are mine.
[…] this Girls’ Night Buffalo Chicken Dip isn’t just for girl’s night. Make it […]