Candy Corn Poke Cake
Spread the yellow batter evenly into a 9×13 pan and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes. This will keep the colors from mixing and creating a tie-dye effect…
After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the freezer and spread the orange batter evenly over the yellow layer. Return to the freezer for an additional 20 minutes…
Last, add the plain batter…
Let it sit on top of the preheating oven for about 30 minutes. (I have a built-in oven, so I just placed it on the counter top for about 30 minutes and it was fine).
Bake according to package directions. When it is finished baking, poke holes in the warm cake with a wooden spoon and pour the sweetened condensed milk in all the holes. Refrigerate for about 2 hours…
Candy Corn Poke
- 1 Box of white cake mix
- food coloring
- 14 oz.sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. cool whip
- 1 Cup sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- candy corn
- Mix cake batter according to directions. Then divide the batter into 3 equal parts. Color one yellow, one orange and leave one alone. Make the colors as bright as you like!
- Spread the yellow layer evenly in a greased 9x13 pan. Place pan in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from freezer and spread orange layer evenly over yellow. Return pan to freezer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from freezer and spread the white layer evenly over orange layer.
- Leave pan on top of preheating oven for about 30 minutes (or counter top).
- Bake according to package directions.
- Poke holes in warm cake with wooden spoon. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over cake, filling each hole.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Mix cool whip, cream cheese, and sugar together. Spread evenly over cake.
- Top with candy corn, optional.