Affiliate links were used in this post for products I love.
Do you love a good drink recipe that tastes like the holidays? This Whiskey Slush recipe is your ticket!
I love Whiskey! That surprises a lot of people, but it could possibly be my alcoholic drink of choice. Maker’s Mark and Diet Pepsi is my favorite! I quit drinking Diet Pepsi a couple years ago, so I don’t enjoy them nearly as often as I would like, but I still partake in one every now and then.
I have an aunt who makes these every year for our family’s Christmas. She gifts them to people as well. She’s definitely a favorite at our family Christmas. She may even be known to give them as teacher’s gifts:)
Anyway, there is nothing like the taste of a Whiskey Slush during the holidays. I prefer them at Christmas, maybe because it is a tradition and the taste always means Christmas to me, but they could be enjoyed any time of the year. They would be awesome in the summer…poolside maybe?? Plus, they have orange juice in them, so load up on that vitamin C, right? That means it is healthy!
Yield: about 1 gallon
You will need:
12 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
12 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate
4 tea bags
2 cups granulated sugar
3 cups whiskey (I usually buy the “cheap stuff.” The taste is still good and no sense wasting the good stuff.)
9 cups water, divided
7UP or Sprite (I prefer Sprite)
Thaw orange juice and lemonade. It’s okay if it isn’t completely thawed because when you pour the warm tea mixture over it it will thaw the rest of the way.
Boil two cups of water and steep with 4 tea bags for a couple of minutes. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
Pour tea mixture into a large container. I prefer to use a gallon size pitcher. Stir in remaining 7 cups of water, orange juice, lemonade, and whiskey and stir until concentrates are dissolved.
Pour the mixture into a container (I like to use a gallon size ice cream bucket) and freeze for 24-48 hours. The alcohol will prevent the mixture from freezing solid and it will be slushy.
To serve: fill a cup 1/2 to 3/4 of the way with slush and this top it off with 7UP or Sprite. Stir and enjoy!
This recipe makes about 1 gallon.
- 12 ounce orange juice concentrate
- 12 ounce lemonade concentrate
- 4 tea bags
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups whiskey (I use the cheapest whiskey I can find)
- 9 cups water divided
- 7UP or Sprite
- Thaw orange juice and lemonade concentrates. It's okay if they aren't thawed completely.
- Boil two cups of water and steep with 4 tea bags for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Pour tea mixture into a large pitcher and stir in remaining 7 cups water, orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, and whiskey. Stir until concentrates are dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a container (I like to use a gallon size ice cream bucket) and freeze for 24-48 hours. The alcohol in the drink will prevent it from freezing completely.
- To serve: fill a glass 1/2 to 3/4 of the way with slush then top off with 7UP of Sprite. Stir and serve.