Who loves donuts? Who doesn’t have a donut shop within a 15 mile radius of their house? Both of those questions apply at our house, so when I discovered you could make donuts in your air fryer, I couldn’t wait to make them! These Easy to Make Air Fryer Donuts will be a hit in your house!
I was given a Ninja Foodi XL for Christmas and I honestly didn’t know what I was missing in my life. I debated on whether I needed another “appliance” in my kitchen and if I even had enough counter space for it, but I’m so glad I made the decision to put one on my list! You can even grill with this bad boy! I love to grill and love the taste of grilled food. I’ve even been known to grill in some pretty cold temps! Now, I don’t have to freeze my patooka (it’s a word…trust me…we used it in my preschool class instead of all the alternatives:)) off to enjoy grilled food!
The girls and I have had fun coming up with new recipes to make in it and it’s even so easy to use that they can use it themselves….mom win!
Easy to Make Air Fryer Donuts
You will need:
16 oz. refrigerated flaky biscuits (I used Grands)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 Cup butter, melted
non-stick cooking spray
Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees.
Place sugar and cinnamon in a brown paper bag, Ziploc bag, or shallow pan and set aside.
Remove biscuits from the can, separate them and cut out a hole in the middle using a 1-inch biscuit or cookie cutter. You can also use a bottle cap or a medicine cup like I did since I didn’t have either of those. The medicine cup worked great!
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
Place donuts in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer making sure they don’t touch.
Bake at 360 degrees Farenheit for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip at the 2.5 minute mark.
Remove donuts from air fryer, dip in the melted butter, the toss in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Repeat this process until all donuts are made. Use this same process for the donut holes. Don’t waste those bad boys!!
These are best served immediately while they are still warm…Yumm-O, but can be stored in an air tight container for couple of days.
Just look at all that sugary goodness!
Easy to Make Air Fryer Donuts
- air fryer
- 16 ounce refrigerated flaky biscuits (I used Grands)
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup butter melted
- cooking spray
- Place cinnamon and sugar in a brown paper bag, Ziploc bag, or shallow dish, mix well, and set aside.
- Remove the biscuits from the can and separate. Use a 1 inch biscuit cutter, cookie cutter, or something round to cut the center out of each biscuit.
- Lightly coat the basket of the air fryer with cooking spray.
- Place donuts in a single layer in air fryer basket. Add as many that will fit without touching.
- Bake at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes (flipping at the 2.5 minute mark) or until golden brown.
- Immediately dip in butter then coat in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat this process until all donuts are cooked, then cook the donut holes for the same amount of time.
- Serve immediately. Place leftovers in a sealed container and eat within one or two days.