My husband’s favorite dessert is Robert Redford. I’ve shared the recipe for that before on my other blog, This Farm Family’s Life. It’s not often that I can’t figure out what dessert to make, because baking is my favorite thing to do in the kitchen, but if I’m in a slump and I ask him, he will more than likely request Robert Redford. So, when I was perusing the world of Pinterest the other day and discovered a recipe for Pumpkin Lasagna, I knew I wanted to give it a shot. I renamed it Pumpkin Robert Redford because the recipes are similar.
I did alter the original recipe because the original said to bake it in an 8×8 pan and that seemed pretty thick to me and, let’s be honest, when I make anything in an 8×8 pan it only lasts about a day! I didn’t double the recipe, it just made it a bit thinner which is just fine for me. A friend’s husband commented to me that he isn’t a big fan of pumpkin recipes, but he did like this one. Their is just enough cinnamon and pumpkin to accompany the cream cheese and vanilla pudding to give it a taste of spice.
Time certainly is flying and it’s hard to believe we are thinking about fall, Thanksgiving, and *gasp* even Christmas recipes. This recipe is perfect for fall and would be a great addition to any Thanksgiving feast!
- 1 Cup flour
- ½ Cup butter, softened
- ½ Cup chopped pecans
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- ½ of an 8 ounce container whipped topping
- 2½ Cups milk
- 3 small packages (3.4 ounces each) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- remaining ½ container whipped topping
- ¼ Cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine flour, butter, and ½ Cup pecans. Press evenly into greased 9x13 dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add ½ container of whipped topping. Spread evenly over crust.
- Mix milk and vanilla instant pudding, add pumpkin puree and cinnamon. Mix until well combined. Spread evenly over cheesecake layer.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Spread remaining ½ container of whipped topping evenly over pumpkin layer. Sprinkle with ¼ Cup chopped pecans.
- Store in refrigerator.